Sunday, February 5, 2012

Day 2 Continues from yesterday

So me and my cousin and her friend went to the photography workshop as planned. Actually I didn't know about this workshop at all. It was my cousin who knew, she read in couchsurfer.com forum.

There were numerous interested people who came also. Some was from the States, others were from Taiwan and some is native here. The main instructor named Marche, he's European and currently living Taiwan. His companions were from Euro and the Philippines.

All of his lectures were about technical terms: aperture, ISO, shutter speed, white balance, zoom lens, etc. Most everyone brought their big, bulky, nice D-SLR and some hi-end lens.

After a hour of lecture, we were began to walk, followed Marche. We took photos at the bar near the street, behind the small alley, and some were residence building. We took pictures of subjects front of the walls. Because the walls have very interested textures and colors. Our companions (as in the group) volunteered to be the models.

Photos I took came out look very interested and surprised. Because we were instructed to use different settings of sharpness, tone, saturation and contrast, even change the ISO and white balance.

It was good experience and tiresome because three of us (my cousin, her friend, Trong, and I) thought we were going to shoot at the meeting destination but we walked around on the street and through many alleys under hot sun from 10AM to 5PM. We left an hour earlier, we could handle the heat.

I will post the images soon on my homepage and/or this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment